Brandon Van Every wrote:
On Jan 13, 2008 10:04 PM, Bill Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Many people will run CMake from a GUI and will not be giving a
-f flag.  With the patch there would be no way to build a project via
one of the GUI's if it required changing the name of the file.

cmakesetup and ccmake would also need -f flags.  Command line users
and scripts could invoke -f flags just fine.  Shortcuts on Windows can
be made with -f flags in them if people want to present their builds
that way.

If you
had two or more sets of cmake files in the same source tree, how would
that work?

The same way it works now.  Generally, such files are a case of "CMake
invoking CMake."

No offense Brandon, but I would like to here from Martin about how he plans to use this feature. I am not sure why you would want to have to co-existing source trees. Also, I am not sure the same thing can't be done with if and include. I am not saying that I won't apply the patch, I just want to understand the requirement/use case before I do. I also don't see people invoking cmakesetup with any flags, it is a gui program. I would like to here from Martin on how he expects this to be used from the GUI interfaces to CMake.

Thanks.

-Bill