Hi guys

I'm getting along very well (and quickly!) with porting two large projects from Makefiles to CMake. Actually, 3 projects will follow later on (and possibly more). Yeah, CMake is actually THAT great. I just wanted to share my delight and acknowledgement of this tool, it makes developing C/C++ code just more fun.

Back to the topic: I wonder if it isn't possible to prevent relinking targets with a shared library if you didn't change any interface? Isn't this one of the reason for using shared libraries? I implemented a switch for either creating static libraries (like it used to be with the old Makefiles) or shared libraries. At the moment I'm just creating plain .so libs, without any version number (so far I didn't happen to come across a shared library tutorial with cmake), maybe this is the problem? Does cmake support such a versioning and would that resolve the relinking?

Regards