Ken Martin wrote:
Which is why CMake has
include, macro, foreach etc. which are all staples of a programming
language.
Right, much better to spend time on something else, and use Lua for all these things. Add wxLua , and the graphical interface becomes easy too. CMakeSetup is nice, but i can't organize options the way i want.

So would it be possible to make some hybrid kind of Cmake, which makes it possible to slowly migrate. Or how do you think about using existing modules in Cmake syntax. Maybe calling Cmake macros from a Lua script? How exactly did you wrap in Lua what is there now? Can you mix, or is it just a change or two, and Cmake becomes a lua script? I think to give this a chance, there need to be both at the same time, and slowly migrate modules and projects.

Just curious, and like Lua much that i use it as scripting language in my own project, using Cmake to generate the binding and to build it :-)

Klaas