Andreas Pakulat wrote:
On 26.03.08 19:10:16, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Andreas Pakulat wrote:
Hmm, actually you're right. I guess either I was confused when I wrote
the module or I just wanted everything to look the same :)
Search-and-replace error indeed. Thought that might be it ;-).

Actually (after checking the code again more thoroughly) that naming is
intentional because the variable is a CMake variable. But at the same
time its also possible to supply it as environment variable.

I think you're looking at the wrong spot :-). I'm looking at $ENV{Boost_ROOT}, not the cmake variable (which I see now there is also).

However, looking at the fact that cmake itself uses all-upper-case for
variables that can be specified on the commandline I'm going to  change
these 3 too (there's also _INCLUDEDIR and _LIBRARYDIR)

Ok, makes sense. Actually if they are inputs, uppercase probably makes sense. Same-as-the-module case should of course be used for variables that are meant for consumption by the CMakeLists.txt that called findpackage(Boost), but I think _ROOT and friends are not in this category?

Will change that tomorrow when I work on the FindBoost.cmake for CMake
2.6
Ok, thanks. (At which point I'll have conflicts; whee! But that's ok ;-).)

:) Hope it won't be too many. If you want to further push for having
FindBoost.cmake in kdelibs I'd really appreciate it if that would be the
one from kdevplatform as AFAIK thats the only one supporting searching
for various boost libraries which KDevplatform needs to have.

AFAIK the one in kdevplatform is the only one in KDE's svn. I have others (which I now made symlinks to the kdevplatform one), because the one with my cmake, which those modules apparently use, is insufficient for me.

If that won't be a maintenance issue for kdevelop, I'll probably plan to do it next week if no one has objected.

--
Matthew
That said, if this is coming out of your posterior then you should consider your diet. -- Richard Moore, in response to Aaron Seigo's stated source of suggested enum values.