Found a possible solution: VTK doesn't copy the VTKConfig.cmake during installation. Maybe I should post this to the VTK mailinglist...

Matthias

Matthias Riechmann schrieb:
Hi everbody,

it is possible to use a installed version of VTK 5.0 via findVTK? At the moment I set the VTK_DIR to C:\Programme\VTK\lib\vtk-5.0 because the useVTK.cmake is located there but findVTK alsways calls UseVTKConfig40.cmake which complains it cannot find any CMakeCache.txt in the install directore.

Questions: Did I use the right directory or is it necessary to choose another subdirectory as an anchor for the script? Why does CMake assume it found a VTK 4.0 installation? Using ITK the same way works quite fine so I believe I'm not completely wrong in my approach...

Matthias

Dipl.-Inform. Matthias Riechmann
Institut für Prozessrechentechnik, Automation und Robotik
Medizin-Gruppe
Universität Karlsruhe (TH)
Gebäude 40.28, Zimmer 103
Engler-Bunte-Ring 8
76131 Karlsruhe

Fon: +49 (721) 608-4049
Fax: +49 (721) 608-7141

Web: http://wwwipr.ira.uka.de/~richmann
begin:vcard
fn:Matthias Riechmann
n:Riechmann;Matthias
org;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Universit=C3=A4t Karlsruhe (TH);Institut f=C3=BCr Prozessrechentechnik, Automation und Robotik - Medizin-=
	Gruppe
adr;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Engler-Bunte-Ring 8;;Geb=C3=A4ude 40.28, Zimmer 103;Karlsruhe;Baden-W=C3=BCrttemberg;76131;Germany
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Dipl.-Inform.
tel;work:+49 (721) 608-4049
tel;fax:+49 (721) 608-7141