On Monday 21 April 2008 12:51:46 Horacio Sanson wrote:
> I can use IF(WIN32) and IF(UNIX) to set some variables depending if
> cmake is executed in Windows or UNIX systems. The problem is that UNIX
> in this context includes both Linux and FreeBSD.
>
> Has CMake a way to know if it is running in a Linux box or a FreeBSD box??

Why do you need to know if it is a Linux or a FreeBSD?

Usually, it all boils down to checking specific conditions, libraries, paths
instead of checking a system and then setting those conditions, libraries,
paths to expeced values for that system. I find the former much better (and
more portable since it will probably work on systems that you have not
specifically addressed too).

--
Mihai RUSU                                      Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        "Linux is obsolete" -- AST