Hello,

I would like to use the POST_BUILD option of the command
ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND in a CMakeLists.txt, different from the
CMakeLists.txt which is used to
generate the target. I made this test.

In the top level source directory,

CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED (VERSION 2.6)

PROJECT (test CXX)

ADD_SUBDIRECTORY (lib1)
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY (lib2)

In the directory lib1/,

ADD_LIBRARY (lib1 lib1.cpp)

ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND (TARGET lib1 POST_BUILD
  COMMAND echo
  ARGS "Hello"
  COMMENT "echo hello 1"
)

In the directory lib2/,

ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND (TARGET lib1 POST_BUILD
  COMMAND echo
  ARGS "Hello"
  COMMENT "echo hello 2"
)

The echo command in lib2/ is never executed.

This is a dummy example but in the case of my project, I would like to
generate a library in directory lib\ and documentation in directory
doc\. Documentation must be regenerated only when the library is
rebuilt.

Is there a way to make the option POST_BUILD works in another directory ?

I'm working under Linux with cmake 2.6-0 RC-8.

Thanks,

J. Bedouet