On 2008-04-24 15:45+0200 Hendrik Sattler wrote:

Zitat von "Alan W. Irwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
which is equivalent to the pkg-config --libs option, but unlike pkg-config
there doesn't appear to be any other linker flag options for wx-config.
However, I suggest you use the appropriate CMake logic to transform the
contents of what is delivered by --libs into the equivalent of the results
returned by FindPkgConfig.cmake such as

#   wxWidgets_LIBRARIES      ... only the libraries (w/o the '-l')
#   wxWidgets_LIBRARY_DIRS   ... the paths of the libraries (w/o the '-L')

The dirs provided with -L are only needed when using find_library() to put libraries with full path into wxWidgets_LIBRARIES. After that, it should not be needed anymore.

#   wxWidgets_LDFLAGS        ... all required linker flags
#   wxWidgets_LDFLAGS_OTHER  ... all other linker flags

What is the correct thing to do with these
parameters in CMake? I would need to check this too, I suppose.

Users would be advised to use the LINK_FLAGS and/or LINK_FLAGS_<CONFIG>
property set by SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES to pass the separated out (by e.g.,
wxWidgets_LDFLAGS_OTHER) -framework, -isysroot, -arch, -pthread options to
the linker.

So such a module only needs to return: xxx_LIBRARIES_<> with full-path libraries and (optional) support for (general|debug|optimized), xxx_INCLUDE_DIRS for position of header files, xxx_COMPILE_FLAGS_<> and xxx_LINK_FLAGS_<> (with support for <> being at least RELEASE and DEBUG).
Problem may be that the last two are highly compiler-specific :-(

Anything less than that is incomplete, IMHO.

Hendrik: since I commented as well (based on my user experience with
FindPkgConfig.cmake), I was asked to make a feature request for
FindwxWidgets.cmake.  However, I don't have that much user experience with
FindPkgConfig.cmake or wx-config so will you please make the feature request
instead?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).