Daniel wrote:
One thing I have noticed while trying to improve the speed of my builds is that the depends.make file for a project is fairly large (15MB) and that most of that size is dependencies against libraries I am using, mostly Boost and Qt.

It is fairly safe to assume that I won't be modifying these libraries, would removing these dependencies speed up my builds, and if so is there a way to tell cmake not to bother checking to see if certain directories have changed?

You can use INCLUDE_REGULAR_EXPRESSION directory property. You will need to come up with a regular expression that excludes Qt and Boost, but keeps your stuff.

-Bill