Christoph Cullmann wrote:
Am Mittwoch 14 Mai 2008 16:30:24 schrieben Sie:
Are you sure the generated source file names are completely unpredictable?
Unless some random generator is being used, those names are probably
predictable, and it might be worth your while to look further into figuring
out how you can do that.
The only thing predictable is the output directory (where atm a Makefile is placed which we use with gmake + link the resulting library in the toplevel makefile, as that name is known, too.). We can't predict them, as the code generator generates one file per datatype and the datatypes are dynamic dependend of the input file. To perdict them, in fact, the generator would have to run.

That's what I did for a similar problem: I modified the generator to output a list of generated files, when called with a special command line switch. In this case the generator only generates the file list, not the files themselves. I ran this via EXECUTE_PROCESS at configuration time, so you have
the names of the generated files in a variable.
Of course this only works if you are able to modify the generator.

Martin