Arjen Markus wrote:
Brad King wrote:
Arjen Markus wrote:
It means that a combination of MSVC and g95 in one project is
impossible.

I think the problem is that the platform files for GNU and MSVC tools
are both getting loaded but they have been written assuming they are
always separate (which is the case in C-and C++-only projects).  Please
send me a tarball containing the entire build tree of your toy project
that reproduces the problem.
I will do that as soon as possible.

Nevermind, I managed to get a similar cl/gfortran environment setup.

I've been able to reproduce the problem with this code:

  cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)
  project(FOO C Fortran)
  add_executable(hello hello.c)
  add_executable(helloF hello.f)

The Fortran executable tries to link with MSVC flags. The bug is that the MSVC tool set uses some variables that are not language-specific to configure linking flags. Then these flags end up getting used to link Fortran too. You can work around the problem with this code:

  string(REGEX REPLACE "<LINK_FLAGS>" "" CMAKE_Fortran_LINK_EXECUTABLE
         "${CMAKE_Fortran_LINK_EXECUTABLE}")

which tells CMake to not use the linker flags. Meanwhile, please submit a bug report here:

  http://www.cmake.org/Bug

and send me the bug number.

Thanks,
-Brad