Damion Shelton wrote:
Hi,

This question involves the interaction of several different toolkits during the CMake configuration process, so I apologize if this is the wrong venue. I'm receiving the error:

"Warning: CMake is forcing CMAKE_CXX_RELEASE_FLAGS to "/MD /O2 /Ob2 /DNDEBUG -DQT_NO_DEBUG" to match that imported from VTK"

...when building the InsightApplications repository (with VTK support turned on). This message only appears when VTK is built with Qt support; with Qt support in VTK disabled there's no problem. This message also appears in CMake with our in-house application that uses ITK/VTK/Qt. So far we've been hitting Cancel to ignore the warning, apparently without consequence (the app compiles and runs correctly).

This appears unrelated the particular build configuration; I typically build both ITK and VTK in both release and debug modes and rely on the cmake generated project to resolve the correct library set at link time. This works fine in both release and debug modes without Qt enabled in VTK. Again, even with Qt enabled, the generated project appears correct despite the warning.

Any thoughts?

It looks like a harmless warning (not error) in your case.

If you use CMake 2.6, you won't get that warning anymore, as it has support for adding -DQT_NO_DEBUG for release builds without putting it into CMAKE_CXX_RELEASE_FLAGS.

Clint