Hi all,

I am trying to set the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS or CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_INIT variable, such that it contains flags to turn off specific warnings for the Visual Studio compiler. I definitely want to set these additional flags from within a CMakeFile, specifying them on the command line or interactively is not an option.
I have included a Windows-specific file by using
INCLUDE (${CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME}.cmake)

The file Windows.cmake contains the line
SET (ENV{CXXFLAGS} "/wd4251")

However this only works after the PROJECT line within the CMakeFile, because before it CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME seems to be unset. On the other hand, when writing the include statement after the project command, the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS seem already to be set. If possible I would like to specify those flags as initial values, avoiding to use the force option of the set command.

What is the recommended way to add platform-specific compiler flags from within CMakeFiles?

Any help would be appreciated.

Martin