Alan W. Irwin wrote:
On 2008-06-27 16:15+0200 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi List,

Today I started to port my Ada project (Windows, MinGW, Ada cmake files from plplot) from cmake 2.4.7 to cmake 2.6. Now I have the problem that cmake doesn't want to use gnatmake anymore and says that gnatmake is broken.

I summarized the CMake Ada language support status in
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-May/021911.html which includes a
simple Ada test project I have put together. That simple test project works fine for 2.4.x, but does not work for 2.6.0 (as you have also found for your
own project). The problem is the language support infrastructure for 2.6.0
is different than 2.4.x.  At that time I was hoping to figure out the 2.6.0
Ada issues fairly quickly, but I could not do that, and something else has
now intervened.  So the planned PLplot transition to CMake 2.6.x (and also
the transition you were hoping for for your own project) will have to wait
until I have more time to fix the Ada 2.6.x issues unless someone else can
fix those issues first.

I will try to look into this, as 2.6 should be basically backwards compatible with 2.4. This is the first I have heard that there was a problem with the ada support. Nothing intentional was done to change the language support infrastructure.

-Bill