Nope. Sean knows more about this than I do. I am still running Tiger for various reasons.
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer

On Jul 3, 2008, at 11:31 AM, Eric Torstenson wrote:

Hi Mike,

Can you recommend an article or website that has more info about getting this to work? When I finally got everything compiled, I discovered that I was still liking to leopard libraries, which kinda defeats the purpose of the whole exercise. Now, after having removed XCode 3.0, I can't compile anything, because all of the gcc
binaries want some file that was deleted when I removed XCode 3.0...

Thanks for any info.

eric

> CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; cmake@cmake.org
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [CMake] OSX Leopard- compiling for Tiger and later
> Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 17:41:44 -0400
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >> Thanks to Sean's previous post, I set the following variables:
> >> IF (APPLE)
> >> SET (CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES "i386")     #x86_64 ppc ppc64
> >> SET (CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT "/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk")
> >> END (APPLE)
> >>
> >> This results in the right version of the compiler being called. I
> >> haven't finished compiling it,
> >> due to other dependencies, so we will see if that works once I get
> >> those
> >> ironed out.
> >>
> >> There was a reference to a deployment variable, which might be
> >> what the
> >> article from sean's
> >> post was requesting. However, I'm not sure if I'll need that once
> >> I get
> >> all the way to linking or
> >> not.
> >
> > The difference between the 'deployment target' and 'sdk' are widely
> > misunderstood. Here's something from some post somewhere that I
> > keep in
> > my notes file:
> >
> > ----
> > The SDK (SDKROOT) you choose specifies the *maximum* version of the OS > > that you want to *use features from*. There is another build setting, > > the deployment target (MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET) that specifies the
> > *minimum* version of the OS that you want to *run on*.
> >
> > You don't need to use the 10.3.9 SDK to support 10.3.9, the SDK only
> > describes the highest version of Mac OS X you support. You
> > determine the
> > lowest version of Mac OS X you support by setting the "Mac OS X
> > Deployment Target" in the target's build options.
> >
> > Any function that is supported on your Deployment target or earlier
> > are
> > hard linked (and your software won't load on earlier versions of the
> > OS). Any functions that were introduced after your deployment
> > target are
> > weak linked. Any functions introduced after your SDK version are
> > unavailable.
> > ----
> >
> > So it sounds to me like Eric should use the 10.5 SDK and set the
> > deployment target to 10.4.
> >
> > --
> > Sean McBride, B. Eng [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Rogue Research www.rogue-research.com
> > Mac Software Developer Montréal, Québec, Canada
> >

> So is this something we can just hack into the Darwin.cmake file for
> our own use? I already hacked it to default to dwarf debugging on
> 10.4. The same could be done to at least allow us to take a default
> or change it to something else.
>

> --
> Mike Jackson Senior Research Engineer
> Innovative Management & Technology Services

Enter the Zune-A-Day Giveaway for your chance to win — day after day after day Enter Now!