Hi Bob,

I'm also using wxWidgets 2.8.7 with MinGW/CLI and as Miguel wrote, you need to pass some extra parameters so that cmake can find wxWidgets. I usually use the zipped wxWidgets package, set the WXWIN environment variable, then compile it, and then pass the following to cmake:

cmake -DwxWidgets_LIB_DIR=%WXWIN%\lib\gcc_dll - DwxWidgets_CONFIGURATION=msw ../path_to_source

I don't now if you need wxWidgets_CONFIGURATION, but I think you need it if you want the debug version (-DwxWidgets_CONFIGURATION=mswd). If it still doesn't work, you should enable the debug messages in share/ cmake-2.6/Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake by uncommenting the relevant parts between line 119 and 126. This usually gives a lot of information and should give you enough hints, where the problem is.

To Miguel,
I use this solution ever since, but as you write this is actually a bug/feature, since I think if you don't set the wxWidgets_LIB_DIR macro, it assumes vc_dll which is wrong for mingw. So I would be happy to do some tests, if this is of any help to you.

Regards,
Werner