This is what I use for my own expat library:

#----- Use MSVC Naming conventions for Shared Libraries
IF (MINGW AND BUILD_SHARED_LIBS)
    SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES( expat
        PROPERTIES
        IMPORT_SUFFIX ".lib"
        IMPORT_PREFIX ""
        PREFIX ""
    )
ENDIF (MINGW AND BUILD_SHARED_LIBS)

So, under MinGW, dynamic libraries would be expat.lib

For your case you would want something like:
IF ( BUILD_SHARED_LIBS)
    SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES( ${PythonCDM_NAME
        PROPERTIES
        IMPORT_SUFFIX ".pyd"
        IMPORT_PREFIX ""
        PREFIX ""
    )
ENDIF (BUILD_SHARED_LIBS)

I _think_ that is what you want. I am still "new" to windows dll stuff so I may be off base a bit but you get the idea where to look.

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer