On Aug 4, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Vitor Vasconcelos Araujo Silva wrote:

        Hello guys,

        I have one project is compiling and linking propertly.
When I tried to include this project in a bigger project, it's not correctly linking.

I generated both using CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE:bool=true and I eliminated all differences in the compile and link commands, but one : one project finds:

Part of CMakeCache entry of project working
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---
//Path to a file.
QT_QTXML_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=C:/Qt/4.3.0/include/QtXml

//The Qt QTXML library
QT_QTXML_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=C:/Qt/4.3.0/lib/libQtXml4.a

//Path to a library.
QT_QTXML_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=C:/Qt/4.3.0/lib/libQtXmld4.a

//Path to a library.
QT_QTXML_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=C:/Qt/4.3.0/lib/libQtXml4.a

Part of CMakeCache entry of project NOT working
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----
//Path to a file.
QT_QTXML_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=C:/Qt/4.3.0/include/QtXml

//The Qt QTXML library
QT_QTXML_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=C:/Qt/4.3.0/lib/libQtXml.a

//Path to a library.
QT_QTXML_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=C:/Qt/4.3.0/lib/libQtXmld4.a

//Path to a library.
QT_QTXML_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=C:/Qt/4.3.0/lib/libQtXml.a

As you can see, the QT_QTXML_LIBRARY_RELEASE variable points to different Qt libraries. If I changed manually in the CMakeCache.txt file the variable to libQtXml4.a everything work.

If I try to print its contents using MESSAGE($ {QT_QTXML_LIBRARY_RELEASE}) both projects strangely show libQtXml.a.

Anybody has this problem? I'm using CMake for almost two years and it's the first time I see this. I'm betting my Qt install is not standard.

Did you build both static and shared Qt and install it in the same place? That would produce a bad install of Qt. That might explain why you have both libQtXml.a and libQtXml4.a

Clint