Darren Weber wrote:

I've got a cvs checkout of CMake-2-6-1.

I created a build directory and configured first for a Qt GUI. The build completed and installed into /usr/local/CMake 2.6-1.app/. Then, to ensure this version is in the default Applications directory:
sudo cp -rf /usr/local/CMake* /Applications/

When I build the release binary, I set the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to / on the mac. Then it will install into /Applications/CMake 2.6-1.app. Then the symlink tool should work. So, you should be able to boostrap cmake like this:

mkdir Build
cd Build
../CMake/bootstrap --prefix=/
make

make install

or
make DESTDIR=tmp install
Then, you can copy the application bundle out of tmp.

-Bill