Mike Arthur wrote:

- Don't make CPACK_BUNDLE_STARTUP_COMMAND mandatory for people who want to
manually install to the correct location (../MacOS) as you have to do the same
for Frameworks and therefore its not actually needed. Alternatively, don't
fail when you can't copy the target.

- Again, don't make CPACK_BUNDLE_ICON mandatory as bundles work fine without a
set icon.

- Provide a default Info.plist (similar to Modules/CPack.Info.plist.in) and
set sensible using the correct variables.

- Use sensible defaults from CPack variables e.g. CPACK_BUNDLE_NAME should
default to PROJECT_NAME

- Allow specifying a custom .DS_Store and background.png file to be added into
the DMG.

I'd generalize this to simply specify a list of files to be added to the DMG, but yes.

Which of the above do you think you will implement and what is any sort of
approximate timescale?

These are all sensible behaviors, completely consistent with what I had in mind long-term, but very, very low priority for me. You should jump-in and submit patches for anything that matters to you. As long as I retain the (optional) flexibility that I need, I'm happy.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy M. Shead