The below is from the CMake 2.6.2 documentation:

        • LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH: Old library location variable.
This variable should no longer be used as of CMake 2.6. Use the ARCHIVE_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY, LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY, and RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY target properties instead. They will override this variable if they are set.

If set, this is the directory where all the libraries built during the build process will be placed.

When I go looking for documentation on LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY I don't seem to find anything but I do find CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY. Which one is correct and which one should I be using?

I currently use something like:

# ---------- Setup output Directories -------------------------
SET (LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH
  ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/lib
  CACHE PATH
  "Directory for all Libraries"
  )

# --------- Setup the Executable output Directory -------------
SET (EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH
  ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/bin
  CACHE PATH
  "Directory for all Executables."
  )

Which evidently is being deprecated in favor of LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY or CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY.

Comments?

Mike Jackson                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]