I tried that originally, and it does not work. When add_executable is used to create an application bundle on MacOS X, it does not simple build an executable program. It creates an entire directory structure that bundles up the exectuable. CTest does not seem to understand how to deal with this bundle; it expects a runnable executable as the name for the second argument to add_test.

Bill Hoffman wrote:
Tron Thomas wrote:
On Mac OS X, I want to build a graphical test application to be added as a test in a project configured by CMake. However, I am unable to add this application as a test in CMake because it Mac OS X builds the program as an application bundle, and CMake is unable to find the correct path to the executable to run it.

On Mac OS X, an application bundle is basically a directory structure. Say the test application is called TestRunner, the root of the application bundle would be called TestRunner.app. The path to the executable with in the bundle would be:

TestRunner.app/Content/MacOS/TestRunner

I cannot correctly specify the path to CTest when using the ADD_TEST command in CMake. I tried something like:
ADD_TEST(TestRunner "TestRunner.app/Content/MacOS/TestRunner")

You should be able to do this:

add_test(TestRunner TestRunner)

All that should be needed is the name of the executable target given to the add_executable command. CMake should then figure out how to call the executable.

-Bill