Brad Aisa wrote:
I have set
CMAKE_xxx_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY (LIBRARY RUNTIME ARCHIVE)
at the top of my CMakeLists.txt
I then confirmed it had this value for my target properties.

But when I build, MSVC adds an additional Target subdirectory, which is not what I want. For example, I want this generated:

C:\MyProject\lib -- generate lib files into here

When I did a printout on target1, it was this:
Target: target1 LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY=C:/MyProject/lib

but when I actually build, I get this:

C:\MyProject\lib\Debug -- files generated into here

How can I suppress the addition of this extra level of subfolder?

You can not without coping the files. However, if you did, then the release and debug versions of the libraries would clobber each other...

-Bill