Alexandre Feblot wrote:
Ugh!

I'm using exactly the same (cmake 2.6.2, linux, unix makefiles), and run them with gmake 3.79.1.

I also had this behaviour on Solaris 10 with dmake 7.7 (my solaris gmake 3.75 seems not to handle cmake makefiles in parallel at all).

I had a try on AIX:

 - gmake 3.71 seems not to handle cmake makefiles in parallel at all

- aix standard make run here in parallel between multiple directories *and* files but: The progress indicator is totally wrong (650%) and the process hangs during compilation.

gmake parallel makefiles should work. However, it is possible to create a project that will not work for various reasons. These reasons involve custom commands that generate the same files from different targets. In that case it is too much parallel building. I am not aware of gmake not working in parallel at all on any system. Sounds more like a gmake install problem.

-Bill