Leo Breebaart wrote:
Sorry, I probably should have mentioned it, but didn't want to
clutter up my original mail with a list of all the things I tried
that did not work. That was one of 'em. :-)

But if you want it to run at custom command time, you would
have to do it as a cmake script. Currently there is not a way
to set environment variables to be used during the running of
custom commands without creating a cmake script.

I was afraid of that, but it's good to have it confirmed. Thanks!

The real issue is build time vs CMake time. At CMake time we can set env vars pretty easy. However, by the time the build is running, the CMake process is long gone along with its environment... The CMake scripts are cross platform.

-Bill