I have been tasked with converting an existing Visual Studio project 2008 to CMake 2.6.2. The stumbling block is that this project uses a precreated manifest file, which is included in an .rc file.

When the target links I get the following error:
CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:MANIFEST, name:2, language:0x0409 LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt
LINK Pass 1 failed. with 1123

It seems clear to me that the issue here is that I have two manifests getting linked into the target.

Is there any way for me to prevent CMake from automatically generating and including its own manifest?

Ted