On 18 Feb 2009, at 21:57, Nicholas Yue wrote:

Robert Haines wrote:
Hi,

I am testing different version of CMake on multiple platform to
ensure my custom modules works fine on all combination.

I find it troublesome to copy my custom module to all the different
../share/cmake-X.Y/Modules directory

Is there an alternative to telling CMake that there are additional
Module search path over and above those it normally searches?

Sure, you can use: set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "/path/to/modules"). That path will be checked first so you can use it to override things in the CMake distribution too.

In my projects I put the CMake stuff that I want to distribute with my code into a top-level directory called CMake and use it like so: set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/CMake").

Cheers,
Rob

Is there a way to manage this without modifying the CMakeLists.txt file e.g. via some environment variable(s)?

Yes, you can set most things from the command line in CMake so try this:

$ ccmake -DCMAKE_MODULE_PATH=/path/to/modules /path/to/project

No changes to CMakeLists.txt required...

Cheers,
Rob