On Feb 20, 2009, at 4:59 AM, Eric Noulard wrote:

2009/2/20 Christian Ehrlicher <ch.ehrlic...@gmx.de>:
Von: Andreas Pokorny
Hello,
Wow that was fast. Thanks a lot.

Obviously I was too fast reading the doc :-)

[...]

SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(PlatformLib PROPERTIES
DEFINE_SYMBOL USE_TRACER)

Then you shouldn't have to ADD_DEFINITIONS and REMOVE_DEFINITIONS?

I do not understand why.. but DEFINE_SYMBOL did not work, but
COMPILE_FLAGS -DUSE_TRACER
did. So SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES is the sledgehammer for getting it done :)

DEFINE_SYMBOL only works for shared libraries. see cmake documentation: "DEFINE_SYMBOL sets the name of the preprocessor symbol defined when compiling sources in a shared library."

Thank you  Christian
...for reading the doc more carefully  than I do :-)

--
Erk

and I _think_ that DEFINE_SYMBOL only will work on windows as it is there to facilitate the dllImport/dllexport functionality used by windows for exporting/importing symbols from shared libraries.

I may be wrong on that as I am going on memory at this point.

Mike