Sean McBride wrote:
Hi all,

Back in early April 2008 we debated whether CMake's .app should be named
simply "CMake.app" or something with the version number, like "CMake
2.6-3.app".

I just updated from 2.6.2 to 2.6.3, and went to rebuild my VTK.  It now says:

/bin/sh: /Applications/CMake 2.6-2.app/Contents/bin/cmake: No such file
or directory

Indeed this path appears in my CMakeCache.txt.  Not sure why.  I always
use CMake via my symlinks in /usr/local/bin.

I don't know if the 2.6.3 installer got rid of 2.6.2 or I did (I
forget), but I wouldn't be surprised if this happens to others.

I just tried configuring a fresh VTK binary folder like this:

mkdir test
/usr/local/bin/cmake ../VTK

And the resulting CMakeCache.txt does not contain "/usr/local/bin/cmake"
but rather "/Applications/CMake 2.6-3.app/Contents/bin/cmake" (the
destination of my symlink).

I think this is a good argument in favour of naming the thing simply
"CMake.app".

This just means that you can have multiple versions of CMake on the same machine. You removed the cmake that built your VTK, you need to re-run the new cmake on your VTK, and all should be well.

cd old-vtk-build
/usr/local/bin/cmake ../VTK

Assuming /usr/local/bin/cmake is the new cmake, then you should be all set.

-Bill