Quoting "Bartlett, Roscoe A" <raba...@sandia.gov>:

Hello,

An associate of mine tried to build CMake 2.6.2 on a Sun machine and got lots of errors (see the attached).

Does CMake work in the Sun? What platforms is CMake supposed to support? We also have a nasty IBM AIX machine that we have to support. It is critical that CMake port to nearly every platform that we support and it is a pretty hard list of platforms.

Which compiler is he using? The code quoted is C++, and GCC is less strict in its implementation of C++ standards than other compilers, particularly Sun Studio (e.g. allowing the dimensioning of arrays using variables, as in "int d=6; int v[d]; " - that is not valid C++ but would compile in GCC). . The Qt people found this out when trying to port Qt to Sun, and have been revising Qt to make sure the proprietary compilers can compile it.

Regards,

Matt Smith

--

http://qtm.blogistan.co.uk/