Michael Jackson wrote:

On May 29, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Timothy M. Shead wrote:

Tobias Sauerwein wrote:
Hi Everyone
In my attempt to get cmake/cpack to produce a propper OS X bundle, I hit a problem. We use a launcher script written in applescript which is compiled in the build process. Before producing the bundle with cpack we simply copied the compiled 'applet' file over to the actual bundle. When I set CPACK_BUNDLE_STARTUP_COMMAND to point to the applet it is getting copied over but renamed to the bundle name. Can I prevent that somehow or can I run a script right after cmake/cpack has finished putting the bundle together to do some final touches?
Tobias:

My experience when I was writing the bundle generator was that the startup command only worked if it matched the bundle name. From your question there must be some way to control what gets executed when a user double-clicks the bundle. Info.plist?

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy M. Shead
Data Analysis & Visualization (1424)

from inside the info.plist:

        <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
        <string>QImporter_debug</string>

You can set that to what ever you want. I'm pretty sure that the executable _should_ be in the "MacOS" directory otherwise you can probably put in a relative path: "../bin/myexecutable"

Cool ... so I think a workable solution for Tobias would be to leave CPACK_BUNDLE_STARTUP_COMMAND empty, ensure that the Info.plist specified with CPACK_BUNDLE_PLIST runs the correct applet file, then use

INSTALL(FILES /path/to/applet DESTINATION ../MacOS/applet)

to put the applet where it belongs in the bundle, without renaming it.

Since the bundle generator relies on the user to generate their own Info.plist anyway, it sounds as if renaming the startup command is heavy-handed and should be replaced with a straight copy.

Cheers,
Tim