On Jun 11, 2009, at 3:09 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:

Michael Jackson wrote:
501:[mjack...@ferb:~]$ cd Desktop/
502:[mjack...@ferb:Desktop]$ mkdir Test
503:[mjack...@ferb:Desktop]$ cd Test; mkdir Build; cd Build
509:[mjack...@ferb:Build]$ cmake ../
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P: 4  <============ THIS IS WRONG FOR X64 builds
-- Configuring done

I don't believe it. That is either a bug, or you don't really have a 64 bit build. When you run make on that project does it produce 32 or 64 bit binaries?

-Bill

511:[mjack...@ferb:Build]$ make
-- CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P: 4
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/mjackson/Desktop/Test/Build
Scanning dependencies of target test
[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/test.dir/main.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable test
[100%] Built target test
512:[mjack...@ferb:Build]$ file test
test: Mach-O executable i386

So it builds a 32 bit executable.

Are you saying (from above) that if I have a 64 bit build of CMake then I will get 64 bit binaries by default?

Mike