alexandre.feb...@thomsonreuters.com wrote:
Hi,

yes, this is definitely what I would like, there is no other way to get
rid of these Debug/Release directories.

I even would like to have the corresponding variables:
  - CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_<CONFIG>
  - CMAKE_ARCHIVE_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_<CONFIG>
  - CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_<CONFIG>

Of course.

Do I need to fill a feature request for that?

Yes, please.  Then send me the issue number.

It's been on my todo list since my last message about it but I don't
know when I'll get to it.  Unfortunately some non-trivial internal
cleanup is needed to support this, so it's not a quick fix :(

-Brad