On 4. Jul, 2009, at 0:24, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

On 03.07.09 17:09:08, Robert Dailey wrote:
Again, this is all just a misunderstanding on my part. It was a bit
misleading. What purpose does project() serve on other generators, like
XCode or Makefile?

As far as I know for Unix Makefile's it serves no other purpose than
enabling/disabling languages and specifying those two additional
variables.

I'd test these myself if I had those platforms available.

Well, you could check the NMake Makefiles generator ;)

Andreas

It is also useful if parts of a larger project can be used independently in other projects or as e.g. stand-alone libraries.

Michael