On 18. Sep, 2009, at 8:14, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:

Hi,

I've an external project which made the decision to create an executable which exports symbols. This means if you want to write a plugin for this project you have to link your plugin against this executable. Now I've the problem that FIND_LIBRARY doesn't find this executable. Does anybody knows a hack to be able to link against an executable which is not built by the project?

I'm really lost here but I can't convince them to fix it... :(
Managing an own patch to work around this problem isn't a good long- term perspective.

Thx,
Christian

find_program?

And that is a REALLY broken design (and AFAIK only works on Windows).

Michael