Hi,

I am a Trilinos developer, so I recently upgraded to CMake version 2.8 so that I could test the Trilinos release 10 tarball.

I am seeing certain unit tests fail that were working before (in the Trilinos release 10 repository) and this is the current state of my debugging process:

* I am testing that a constructor given an invalid (negative) argument throws an exception
  * gdb indicates that the exception is thrown, but I cannot catch it
  * the program crashes with a segmentation fault

I don't see any changes by other developers that would change the behavior of the code I am testing. The only difference I am aware of between the code that was working and the code that is failing now is the CMake version used to build it.

Might CMake be compiling with options that affect exception handling? If so, how can I determine what it is doing and customize it to behave the way I expect it to?

Thanks,

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-0154      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0370    Email: wfsp...@sandia.gov **