Hi,

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 5:04 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoff...@kitware.com>wrote:

> Daniel Dunbar wrote:
>
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply.
>>
>> The uses I'm seeing aren't on external targets, they are for internal
>> libraries which are built during the build. Is this the same problem?
>>
>>  Pretty much the same problem.  A lot of it has to do with static
> libraries, if you link a target to another target the Xcode way then you can
> not specify the link order or multiple links of the target that might be
> required for static builds.  I don't want all the complication of trying to
> special case the shared libraries so the Makefile hacks are used because it
> is a generic solution.
>

>  Also, do you know if anyone has filed a bug with Apple tracking this
>> issue?
>>

> I don't think so.  There might be some way to do this at this point, I
> really have not investigated this recently.   The basic feature that would
> get rid of the helper makefiles for targets would be a way to make targets
> depend on an external file.

I noticed that libraries are put into the link flags. They don't show up in
the "Linked Libraries" list of the target's info. Could it be that
everything works correctly if we could libraries there? I think XCode does
some extra logic in that case, as opposed to libraries just linked in in the
compiler flags.

Greetz,
JeDi