On 19. Nov, 2009, at 3:07 , David Manura wrote:

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
On Wednesday 18 November 2009, David Manura wrote:
That would be better than nothing, though it does have a limitation in
that you cannot wrap a function more than once.
Not sure. Have you tried ?

function(test)
 message("1")
endfunction(test)
test()

function(test)
 message("2")
 _test()
endfunction(test)
test()  # ok

function(test)
 message("3")
 _test()
endfunction(test)
test()  # infinite loop

Michael's suggestion would help too, though it might be called a hack.
The expressiveness of the language could be improved if we could
allow symbols in the function namespace to be copied or renamed:

 set(&test3 &test)  # bind function symbol "test3" to value of
function symbol "test"
 function(test)
   message("3")
   test3()
 endfunction(test)

Not sure I'd like that... Instead of being more expressive, I think this would be very confusing.

Michael