On 30. Nov, 2009, at 16:33 , Bill Hoffman wrote:

Michael Wild wrote:
Hi all
Are there any plans to enable SSL-support in the CMake-included CURL library?

The CMake binaries will never ship with ssl (due to export control issues). However, you can build CMake yourself and turn on the build option to use SSL with the CURL. I might be able to start shipping curl as a dll that could be replaced with an ssl version without having to rebuild CMake. I did test this, it worked.

-Bill

That's not a real solution for me, since I intend to distribute my source code and people won't be happy if their download fails. And replacing the DLL/so/dylib isn't an option either, because this requires too much manual intervention.

That means I'm probably stuck with searching for wget/curl, using them if present, and if they fail (or are not present), tell the user to download the file with his browser and put it in a specific directory.

I wonder how e.g. Microsoft, Apple or Mozilla deal with these ridiculous export control regulations?

Michael