Michael Wild wrote:

On 2. Dec, 2009, at 16:36 , Sean McBride wrote:

On 12/2/09 10:10 AM, Bill Hoffman said:

Well, as Dave mentioned the -j flag only works with gmake.  It does not
work with Xcode, as you tried here:  :)

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewNotes.php?buildid=484307

Which is why nothing built for that build. :)

Doh!  I blindly changed all 30 of my scripts, should not have changed
that one obviously.  So in the Xcode case, how does it build?  Does it
invoke xcodebuild? If so, that will already use many cores, so that's great.

Cheers,

xcodebuild also takes the -parallelizeTargets option.

It actually runs cmakexbuild which is a very thin wrapper for xcodebuild that has less verbose output, but the options should pass in just fine.

-Bill