Daniel Blezek wrote:
Hi Mike,

  Sorry, I guess I wasn't quite clear.  The re-builds occur when I touch any
CMakeLists.txt file in the entire project.  Since we're under active
development, new source files are being added fairly frequently.  I didn't
want re-builds to trigger each time a developer adds a new class.

  I believe that configure_file() is re-run whenever CMake does a
"Generate", not only when the .in file is modified.  On a normal build this
isn't an issue, but is a problem for us.

  Putting the "NOT EXISTS" guard seems to solve the problem, but is a little
ugly.

configure_file will only write the file if it changes. You must be changing the file each time cmake is run, which is bad....

-Bill