Hi!

thanks for the reply, but it has two drawbacks:
1. it needs to change CMakeLists.txt which I don't want to
(as written in my proposal) since it is not my project but a
large open source project. It gets developed mainly on unix
and macos but since it uses cmake I can compile it for
windows (therefore in principle cmake is great!)

2. in your snippet
set (CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS ".....")
the interesting thing is what is inside "....". I don't want to find it
out therefore my current aproach is to patch the output project
using TinyXML.

-Jochen

Michael Jackson schrieb:
For your project you can always add your own "flags" such as:

CMakeLists.txt---- Begin

if (VS_USE_STATIC_RUNTIME)
 set (CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS ".....")
endif()

CMakeLists.txt------ END

Then on the command line do the following:
cmake -G "Visual Studio 9 2008" -DVS_USE_STATIC_RUNTIME=ON ../

or from a "Clean" build directory in CMake_GUi.exe add a cmake variable
using the usual dialog boxes, then "Configure" your project.

Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jack...@bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio