The current project that I am working on has multiple projects layered through
subdirectories. The project was a conversion from traditional makefiles and
when we do a cmake build from the root of the source tree all is done
correctly. The issue comes to when we try and build a single component from a
out of source build directory (we are requiring out of source builds).

I have found a temp solution for example

/trunk/a
/trunk/b
/trunk/c

a requires b and b requires c to build correctly. As long as they dont share
dependencies, if I use add_subdirectory(src ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/<project>) for
each it works to build the deps as needed. The issue is if both a and c require
the another dep pulled in the same way. The error that comes up is through a
policy error of CMP0013.

Yes, I could disable the policy, but would prefer a more elegant solution for
the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

--Philip

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on
it, is strictly prohibited.