I help contribute to Stellarium, which is a cross-platfor planetarium
app, written using Qt.  It uses cmake for the build system; it just doesn't do
it well.  I think the files are much more complex than they need to be, and as
usual, the Mac stuff doesn't really work.  I've looked at the example from
http://www.bluequartz.net/software/files/QtTest.tar.gz but there are some
significant differences in the project.

        If anyone would like to help out, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Something as complex as this doesn't work posting snippits of the files to talk
about.  The source really needs to be looked at.  Have a look at
http://stellarium.sourceforge.net/

        Thanks!