On 2/18/2010 8:38 PM, Samuel E. Henley wrote:
I have a new warning "warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is
position independent)" Under Windows - Mingw
CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_C_FLAGS and CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_CXX_FLAGS has to
be cleared of -fPIC, -fIPC is not used with gcc in Windows.

This release candidate had some major platform information
file reorganization to make it easier to add new compilers.
The new files generically use -fPIC for compiling objects
with GCC for shared libraries on all platforms.  In the
Platform/CYGWIN-GNU.cmake file we remove the flag, but
it should be removed by Platform/Windows-GNU.cmake also.

Fixed in CVS HEAD:

Suppress GNU flag -fPIC on Windows
/cvsroot/CMake/CMake/Modules/Platform/Windows-GNU.cmake,v  <--
Modules/Platform/Windows-GNU.cmake

I'll stage this for 2.8.1-rc4.

-Brad