Noel O'Boyle wrote:

Good question. It works:
-- Found PythonInterp: C:/Python26/python.exe
-- Found PythonLibs: C:/Python26/libs/python26.lib

However, if I set the PATH to C:\Python26;C:\Cygwin\bin, the original
problem reappears. (It's also there if I have
PATH=C:\Cygwin\bin;C:\Python26.)

Strange.

I can not see why it would prefer c:\Cygwin\bin over c:\Python26...

Can you build CMake from source on this machine?

If so, can you add some print statements here:
Source/kwsys/SystemTools.cxx

kwsys_stl::string SystemTools::FindProgram(

Just add std::cout << tryPath.c_str() just before each call to SystemTools::FileExists in that function.

-Bill