Marcel Loose wrote:

I would definitely like to get a warning when CMake finds a cache file
in what it thinks should be the source directory. It would have saved me
an hour of debugging. OTOH, now that I know of this "strange" behaviour,
I might be able to tackle these kinds of problems quicker.

It does say where the build files were written as the last message that is printed out....

cmake ../src
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/hoffman/My Builds/src

If that is what they wanted (an in source build), CMake can not warn about it.

-Bill