Clinton Stimpson wrote:

So interleaving wine tracing and cmake tracing along with some
debugging... the problem comes from within
SystemTools::GetActualCaseForPath()
where it takes as input <somepath>/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake and
returns <somepath>/CMakeFortranInformation.cmake.
I'm guessing its a bug in Wine's GetShortPathName() or
GetLongPathName(). There are more modern apis for getting the actual
case of a file, but they probably don't work on Windows 98.

Yikes!

That is a nice bug... I would expect it to cause lots of other really strange things to happen as well....

I don't think there is much that can be done about that... What are the more modern ways of doing that? We don't really support windows 98 anymore. NT and greater.

-Bill