On 5/6/2010 9:36 AM, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:
Yes, it works for now. However, the 64-bit version for MacOSX 10.6 is
currently "broken" (at least to the extent that some of the tests
don't "work out of the box" without specific configuration). I think
that it is important that the community have as much experience as
possible with the "new" implementation BEFORE the "old" one stops
working entirely. We should encourage 64-bit capable users to use
64-bit implementations.

OK, 64 bit not working is a totally different story!

I will setup a dashboard for that and verify.  Thanks.

I'm happy to build my own from source. But it appears that some
others are unwilling to do so. Perhaps you should post notice to the
effect that those who want a 64-bit version should build it from
source. I'm sure that the OS distributors that provide CMake all do
that already. They don't rely on YOUR binaries when the source is
available.

I still don't see the desire for 64 bit when 32 bit works...  :)

I must be missing something....

I could put a notice that says:

Note: 32 bit CMake can be used to build 64 bit applications with no problem. If you really want a 64 bit binary of CMake for some reason, then you can build it from source.

-Bill