On 05/26/2010 04:03 AM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
On 5/25/2010 8:57 PM, Michael Hertling wrote:
Use the CMAKE_FLAGS of TRY_COMPILE() to pass in a no-op for the linker:

TRY_COMPILE(...
     CMAKE_FLAGS "-DCMAKE_CXX_LINK_EXECUTABLE='echo not linking now...'"
...)

That will not work with Xcode and VS. The best you can do with those generators is to create a static library instead of a linked executable.

Good point... So I ended up adding main to all tests...
Thank's a lot.

In case this interests somebody, I attach my current version of the C++ tests in this mail (this is clearly work in progress, needs some cleaning and some improvement -- such as limiting the number of times it is launched -- but if there are useful comments I'll take them).

Usage: dump the directory under your project, add these lines to your project:

SET(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake")
INCLUDE(CheckCXXFeatures)
CHECK_ALL_CXX_FEATURES(BZ_)

The BZ_ is a prefix to add to all the various variables defined by this "module". This is maybe misplaced but allows generated config.h of various project to not conflict...

    Theo.